Planes, Rain, and Film Festivals

Well, the sun does exist. For those of you who don't pay attention to the news, the New England area got battered with rain like it hasn't seen since 1936. It continued to rain for over a week straight and I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see the sun again. Thankfully the rain has ended.

With less than a week to go, its starting to sink in that I'm actually going to Australia....for almost two months nonetheless. Yesterday I went and exchanged some money for some Australian currency and I was reminded of just how dull American money is in comparison to other countries.

Picking up the Australian currency ended up being one of those, "Wow, I'm really doing this," moments. I've had my fair share of travels, but I've never been out of the country as long as I will be this time. And distance wise, well you can't get much further from the U.S. than Australia.

So next wednesday I get to look forward to spending 21 hours on airplanes. I may go insane, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to break my streak of having never used a bathroom on a plane.

Once we get there they waste no time throwing us into things. It's basically going to be dropping stuff off at our rooms (at 7:30 in the morning) and then off to orientation.

Other than taking two courses while I am there, I will also have the privelege of attending the Sydney International Film Festival.
http://www.sydneyfilmfestival.org/ They've given us VIP passes that allow us into any of the events or films for the entire festival. Of course this now makes the task of what to see more difficult. With close to 200 films being shown, there is no way I'll be able to see them all. With that in mind, I'm a little curious as to see what films you would choose to see. Check out the website for a listing (and descriptions) of films being shown.

0 comments: