Are You Serious?

From CNN:

"I've expressed my opinion to President Putin," Bush said. "You might remember my visit with him in Slovakia, where I was quite pointed in my concerns about whether or not there is a free and vibrant press in Russia. (bolding mine)"

There are those countries where there really is no freedom of the press, but considering the amount of manipulation and control our government currently exerts over the media I find it funny that Bush is running around attacking other countries media. Didn't someone mention plucking the plank out of your own eye before picking the speck out of someone elses? =)

And really doesn't our president have better, more important things to be concerned with than the amount of freedom in the Russian media?

1 comments:

  Laura

1:16 AM

Like Isreal bombing the shit out of Beirut? Or the arsenal that N. Korea has (as opposed to the arsenal that Iran doesn't have)? Maybe Big Pharma's stranglehold on, well, everyone? Or perhaps actually doing something worthwhile with regard to domestic policy could be a nice change.