Oh Yeah. I'm in Film School

Every once and a while events occur that gently remind me why I'm here and the wonderful opportunities I get to experience through my relocation to Boston.

Today one of these events occured as I had the pleasure of attending a small Q&A session with the director Alejandro González Iñárritu (Amores Perros, 21 Grams). With the small amount of people who showed up for the event the Q&A took on a very comfortable conversation like atmosphere as question after question was raised by the students in the classroom.

It was refreshing to have the Q&A run that way rather than have someone sitting up there with the director asking a bunch of canned questions.

Any way he had many, many interesting things to say and hey ...it turns out we share similar tastes in films as he mentioned his love for Jean Luc Godard and Alan Resnais..."A 100 years ahead of everybody, and they were doing it 50 years ago."

So tonight I go to see his new film Babel. I'll fill you in on how it is. Edit: Turns out it was full so I'll have to wait for the actual release of the film =(.

1 comments:

  Alison

7:59 PM

when you go see babel, call me up because i didn't get into the screening, either.