You call that a screenplay!?




Well, as some of you know, I decided this semester to take Screenwriting as one of my classes. Writing has always been a love of mine, but as time goes on it seems I have less and less time to actually write. I figured this way I'll solve everything because now I have to write.

Any way, our first writing assignment was due (for me) last Friday and as such I turned in almost the entirety of a first Act of a feature length film. To be honest, I didn't think I was gonna get there. A week before it was due I still had no idea what I wanted to write, but thankfully something came out.

And I think it's ok surprisingly (I usually hate the things I write). I also managed to survive the workshop as well, got a few laughs during the read through and the professor even made a couple good comments. So I forge ahead I guess.

Although now the problem is I have another idea for a different feature length and they are currently duking it out in my head.

So, after all that, if you're interested in reading it....keeping in mind it is still very much a work in progress....I'd be happy to email it to you. All you need is Adobe to be able to vew it.

2 comments:

  Brandon

5:20 PM

Oh how similiar our lives are!

http://thefilmsnob.blogspot.com/2006/12/screening-screenplay.html

  Colleen

10:57 PM

Hi,
My name is Colleen. I read an interview you gave in the July or August issue of Christianity Today, about a film by, Philip Groning, "Into Great Silence." How can I possibly see this film? You did an excellent job of taking me there! Thanks, Colleen